Dinner party is an opportunity to gather together with friends and family and spend time with one another. Several key features such as selection of food, beverages and entertainment are very important in hosting a successful dinner party.
Types of Dinner Party
Dinner parties offer an ideal atmosphere to celebrate special occasions such as:
- wedding engagements,
- promotion at work,
- new home,
- New Year.
If there is no special reason for celebration other than the bond of friendship dinner party can be an evening with friends or family, enjoying each others' company.
Selecting a theme for a dinner party sets the tone for the type of party.
Dinner party theme ideas include:
- wine appreciation,
- favorite desserts,
- progressive dinner.
Dinner Party Food
Food plays the most important role at a dinner party. There are few things to consider when choosing the food for a dinner party:
- food allergies
- guests favorite or least favorite dishes
- food and the overall theme of the dinner party
- your time and expertise in the kitchen
Dinner Party Beverages
Choose beverages that incorporate the overall theme of the dinner party. Don't forget to provide some non-alcoholic beverages for your guests.
Dinner Party Entertainment
Some ideas for dinner party entertainment which provides a lot of fun:
- board or other games (sharades, associations, etc)
- karaoke machines,
- blind wine tasting.
Dinner Party Steps
When planning a dinner party there are number of steps to consider:
- Guest list
Dinner Party Tips
There are a few dinner party tips to keep in mind:
- invite only the number of guests you can reasonably accommodate in your home (usually ranges from 2 to 10).
- create online invitations or print invitations yourself.
- ask the guests to bring a side dish or dessert (cut the amount of work required by the host).
- prepare any of the food that can be done the day before (will help you to save some energy for the dinner party).
- completed in advance table setting and line up the entertainment.
- remember to take a breath and enjoy having friends over (if something's not perfect, they won't care).