Kitchen pantry is a small room or cupboard in which non perishable food, groceries, and other provisions, or silverware, dishes, cooking utensils etc. are kept.
Kitchen pantry frees up kitchen cupboard space for other items.
Efficient pantry means that you can easily identify each group of foodstuffs and individual items.
There should be no need to have to move things to find what you are looking for in your pantry. No items should get lost.
Specific storage needs together with lifestyle will dictate the type of kitchen pantry you should create. Single individuals will not require as much pantry space as a family of five. However, no matter which type of kitchen pantry you decide to create, you will be able to free up space from your existing cupboards.
Kitchen Pantry Types
- walk-in kitchen pantry
- tall deep cabinet with sliding shelves/drawers that extend fully
- drawers/shelves attached to the door, which is slid open
- regular kitchen cabinets to function in a pantry-type capacity
Most Functional Kitchen Pantry
The most functional kitchen pantry is the walk-in type. It is often a completely separate room from the kitchen. Floor to ceiling shelves of walk-in pantry offer a huge amount of room. For anyone who buys food items in bulk walk-in kitchen pantry offer a smart alternative to cabinets.
Most Popular Kitchen Pantry
The most popular type of kitchen pantry is not the traditional separate room, but a tall 24 inch deep cabinet with sliding shelves/drawers that extend fully and allow access from both sides. Sometimes the door swings open normally to expose the drawers, which are pulled out separately.
Most New Design of Kitchen Pantry
Most new or remodeled kitchens are fitted with the type of pantry when the drawers/shelves attached to the door, which is slid open and allows access to all shelves at once.
Regular Kitchen Cabinets
There are a huge range of pantry accessories that can be used to allow regular kitchen cabinets to function in a pantry-type capacity:
- Swing out systems designed to fit in deep corner cabinets that have two sets of moveable shelves.
- One set of shelves pulls out with the door, and then you can reach in and slide the others out.
- Wire basket systems that can be installed into regular kitchen cabinets and provide a pantry function.
- Storage racks that hang on walls or on the back of an otherwise unused cabinet door.
Prices of Kitchen Pantry Accessories
Oak home or office storage cabinet organizer is great as a kitchen food pantry and can cost around $200. Adjustable 20 can organizer can cost around $45. Kitchen can storage rack with 3 tier in white finish can cost around $45. Food storage canned foods organizer rotate up to 54 cans can cost around $40. If you could not find the information you are after on this web site - let us know! Our experts would be glad to help you.