Kitchen Renovations Section
Kitchen splashback is the surface finish which usually extended around the full length of the kitchen benchtop against the wall to complete the uniform look of the kitchen. It covers an area of exposed wall above the benchtop and underneath the overhead cabinets and can be fitted under and around a window. Kitchen splashback adds to the aesthetic character of the look and feel of the kitchen.
Kitchen Splashback Features
- Non flammable if behind a gas cooktop
- Water resistant
- Easily cleaned using standard non toxic household cleaners
Kitchen Splashback Types
There are number of kitchen splashback options to guide your choice.
- Painted Wall: the cheapest option and is done at the same time and colour as the rest of the kitchen walls
- Laminate: a simple and effective solution if the wall is smooth and flat
- Tiles: traditional type of kitchen splashback
- Seratone Ceramalite or Aquatile: has a smooth and glass like finish which is easily cleaned
- Corian: can be placed over your existing kitchen splashback
- Natural stone: an expensive solution but very effective when the benchtop and the splashback are in the same colour and material
- Glass: have become increasingly popular
- Mirrors: reflect the view behind you, which is a good way of creating the illusion of space, particularly if you have no window in the kitchen
- Stainless steel: harmonises a kitchen's myriad finishes, blending seamlessly with modern or rustic looks
Kitchen Splashbacks Trends
Now established as the hub of the home, kitchens are experiencing a kitchen splashback decoration revolution. Some of the latest trends are:
- Botanical designs for splashbacks are graphic in nature, and are applied to the reverse side of frosted Starphire glass. They act as a feature but are softened by the frosted finish, which enables the design to be sensitive to adjacent elements in the space
- A window as a kitchen splashback brings the garden in and gives the cook a pleasant outlook. If the splashback is behind the cooktop, be sure to use a non-combustible material, such as aluminium, for the window frame.
- White Starphire glass >kitchen splashback provides the perfect surface for messages, recipes and quotes.