Stocking Pantry Tips
Stocking pantry tips can help you to see you, your family and pets through any unexpected events. Stocking pantry tips will help to save some money and to keep your pantry well organised. Below are some stocking pantry tips which could be useful to learn:
- include some foods that don't have to be cooked
- keep a camp stove handy in case the electricity goes out for an extended period
- make a point of including lots of variety in your pantry stocking
- pack dry foods (beans, pasta, rice, etc.) big jars to keep out bugs and moisture;
- seal boxes and bags (crackers, cereal, flour, etc.) in strong plastic bags or jars with tight-fitting lids
- keep bulk items like flour and sugar from getting lumpy by storing them in food-grade plastic buckets with tight-fitting lids.
- whenever you use something from your pantry, write it down on your shopping list so you won't forget to replace it.
- Instead of running up a huge grocery bill by buying everything for your pantry stocking at once, pick up a few items each time you shop.
- Keep a record of home-canned foods that need to be replaced next harvest season.
You'll rest easier knowing that your well-stocked pantry will see you and your family through any unexpected event. As a side benefit, you'll always be prepared for unexpected company. If you could not find the information you are after on this web site - let us know! Our experts would be glad to help you.